Tuesday 15 July 2014

New stuff

Finally, we have new things.  A lovely big box arrived last week with lots of new things to play with.  Now I just have to find some inspiration.

One of the products in our new catalogue I had to have was the Little Letter Thinlits.  While at Convention in Melbourne, one of the demonstrations was using these alphabet dies in a slightly different way, or at least one that I had never seen before, with the letters on the top side of the card.  






That shouldn't be too hard, you think?    Actually you're right, it's not hard, just fiddly.  Here's my first attempt - be kind. 



 And the back of the card ....


Could you guess who the card was for?  Thankfully I only had to worry about three letters.  As I said, it's a little tricky but quite effective.  I think I would try to hide the reverse side next time though.  

We had a birthday lunch for Sam at Homebush Olympic Park and the letters actually got a little squashed before they arrived.  Of course the card doesn't fit in a standard envelope so I chopped the top fold off to transport the card, but it needed more protection.  

And the card was another spinner card where the space ship was supposed to spin around the planet.  Sometimes worked, sometimes didn't.   


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, to have the name stand up like that. I love that :))

    ReplyDelete