Monday 11 February 2013

Postage Due

Sorry for my absence.  Have had a few other things going on.  My father is back home again, feeling very tired but pleased to be home.  He has had three stents inserted and all is well from a cardiac point of view.  Has had a few other things not quite right, but hopeully he will keep on improving.  

You may have seen on the right hand side the new holiday catalogue and sale-a-bration catalogue have been put up.  A lot of vintagey and romantic things for Valentine's Day, if you happen to celebrate it.  Not really my thing, but I am working on a few Valentine cards anyway. 

We have 10 birthdays in February for family and friends so I have been creating, but I just can't show you much yet.  I had planned to send this card for one of those birthday girls, but went with Plan B instead.  This uses a recent addition to my stash, Postage Due.  The older I get, the more I like the vintage look, perhaps cause it's from my era the kids would say.  I brought this for the men in my family, but it suits both sexes equally well I think.  



I love the look of the embossing folder on the left, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.  And the cute little buttons too.  Another one on Wednesday.  
 

 

3 comments:

  1. I too love the embossing folder effect on the left. A beautiful card.
    I hope your dad re-energises quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one - the colours, the embossing and the stamps. Obviously we are of the same vintage!!!! Look forward to seeing more - I missed seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't been on your blog for a while to check it out, so lovely surprise to come back and find all these cards from Christmas's past, I remember quite a few of them, particularly the lovely red starry Santa, I loved him then and love him still. I've watched the progression of cards and seen them getting more intricate and harder to make, so well done Cheryl, you've done your craft proud xxx

    ReplyDelete