Monday 28 May 2012

An unintentional watermark

Catching up on all my favourite websites I found this card by Sandi MacIver that I thought I would try to copy.  I don't have all the bright papers that she has, so decided to use some of the ruffled ribbon instead.  This is my first version.



Then I thought it looked a little plain and realised I had forgotten the butterfly she had in the top right hand corner, so stamped a dragonfly but it looked flat, so stamped another, cut it out and mounted it on top.  Also put a greeting on the bottom and used a circle behind to make it stand out better.  Then had to photograph again and decided to put the card on the water feature instead of the ground to save bending down.  Of course the wind would have to come up just then and the card dropped into the water, fully submerged.  So now I have my own watermark on my card, only it's not quite the watermark I wanted.  


Apart from the ribbon sagging slightly, I think it the second version looks better.

Stamps are from Simply Soft, one of my favourite hostess sets, French script and postmark from Foilage Foilage and dragonfly from Asian Artistry, a retired hostess set. 

1 comment:

  1. Yep second version does look more complete - speaking from a perspective of 'I can't do this so admire that you can' xx

    ReplyDelete