Wednesday 2 May 2012

More variations on a theme

This is another card we made on Saturday.  Once again, the original was Regal Rose and then because I know that some people don't like pink, I given them a choice of colour.  


 

My favourite is the middle one - Wisteria Wonder.  

The card below was the one I enjoyed making the most.  Have used the "rock and roll" technique to ink up the leaves from the French Foliage set.  No idea what I'm talking about?  You stamp the image in the lightest colour, and then roll your stamp around a darker colour ink pad to give it the two colours.  Just make sure you use the lightest one first or else your ink pad will change to a colour not of your choosing.  You also need to clean off the stamp every time you stamp - a bit annoying, but well worth the effort. 

Oops, it's a bit dark.




6 comments:

  1. More lovely cards. Love the 3rd colour of the first cards and the leaves look great. You will have to show me when I come down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I prefer the middle card, the grey type one. Love the leaves, they're much better than a flat one-colour. Congrats again on more beautiful work <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The middle one is actually Wisteria Wonder which is a very pale mauve, but I know which one you mean. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. I Love the umbrella stamp from the Rue Des Fleurs set. It is now moved from the "would like" to the "must have" list. Thank you for more inspiration.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear, thank you Nikki. The corset and umbrella were what sold the set to me, but I can't understand why they put clocks hanging from the umbrella. Judging from the cards on your blog I guess you have a SU demonstrator up your way, but if I can help, please let me know. Cheryl

      Delete