Wednesday 23 May 2012

A little Vintage Vogue

Vintage Vogue was another stamp set that I had to have when it came out.  It was originally in a mini catalogue, but I was pleased to see it then made it to the main one as well.  To me the small flowers look like Lazy Susan, but I didn't really want an orange card, so pink it is.  Actually Melon Mambo and Pink Pirouette.  Have also used the Adorning Accents Embossing Folder and Edgelits Dies on here as well.  





When you cut out flowers a neat trick is to "shape" the petals by bending them over a skewer or pen to add a little depth to their shape.  I only remembered to do this on the last two I stuck down, too late to pull them back up.  Shame cause they look so much better I think.  

6 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous. Love the bottom border edge too. Wish I had all your 'stuff' to do cards like this. You will have to show me when I come down. Will be in touch in the next few days to organise something. RW

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pleased was I when i saw this card Cheryl. Thank you, because I do have all the 'doings' for this one. Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help out Nikki. Have you been told about Splitcoast Stampers - a Stampin' Up associated website where you can get hundreds of ideas for any stamp set you have? Let me know if you would like the link.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Cheryl. Yes I am very familiar with Splitcoast Stampers. Many a non-productive hour has been spent sharingthe vision and inspiration of others there. Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it certainly is a time waster. Would love to see your version of the card when you make it.

      Delete
  4. Once again - you are very creative and I love this card. Congrats little sis xx

    ReplyDelete