Thursday 21 January 2016

Punch storage

When questioned by my husband what I wanted for Christmas, I asked if he could made me some storage for my punches.  We discussed what I wanted, he went off on his own tangent, and then I bought him back to reality.  We stamping girls know what we need and want.  So, off to Bunnings to buy timber.  It's just made of MDF sheets, so didn't cost too much.  But then, we need a work bench to make the cuts perfect, which came with a saw and then .....  Trips to Bunnings never end up well.  

So here is the storage for my punches.  It has 50 slots and the bottom row spaces we made larger to hold the old whale style punches.  I thought about having him make the dividers smaller at the top for the smaller punches, but decided if I need more room I can just double them up.   It's all painted in black and then varnished in clear gloss except for the front panels and dividers.  The kids think it all needs painting, but I like the exposed bits - it looks kind of vintagey and old worldly.  






Does everyone store their punches lying flat like this?  Have a look at the photo below.  I wonder why Stampin' Up print their sizes this direction which ends up being upside down.  I thought about removing the stickers and putting them the right way, but decided not to worry.   
 

Hubbie also asked if I wanted shelves like this to store my ink pads.  I'm trying to decide.  I love my SU Color Caddy, but I'm running out of room.  Guess I'll just have to wait and see what the new in colours are like and whether I need them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment