Tuesday 26 January 2016

Birthday card - Hidden Die Cut

Well I still haven't really been inspired to create many cards lately.  I'm not sure why that it, but I wish it would go away.  I sit in my room with goods all around me, and then think that I'll just check out some ideas on Pinterest first, and then I just walk away without having done anything productive.  I did HAVE to make a birthday card for a friend recently, so after flicking through a craft magazine I saw this idea and decided to have a go at it. 

They called the technique Hidden Die Cut, and if you look at the photos taken on the side angle you will see why. 






Firstly, you just make the card front up the normal way, stamping or embossing or whatever you like, and then you die cut a word or shape out of the front panel, and also a couple more out of spare cardstock.  I did four extra layers, but I guess it depends of how high you want the greeting to stand out.  Then you glue all the layers together (this is quite tricky when the shapes are thin like this as you don't want the glue to ooze out), making sure that the front panel die cut is last on top.  Then obviously you stick these down in the cut out shape.  If you use letters with insides in them like all of the ones about, it looks so much better if you glue these down inside the letters as well.  It's a pain to do, but worth it in the end. 



Fleurieu Coast Australia Day

No comments:

Post a Comment