Tuesday 17 June 2014

Saturday's card class

We had another card class last Saturday where there were lots of things to look at.  Of course there was the new catalogue to have a quick look through, the things we made at Convention, the swaps received and also some new products. 

And of course we had to make cards using the new products, didn't we?

This first one uses the Amazing Birthday stamp set - not really a set I would have chosen, but ... it's growing on me.  We were given this set at Convention to use on a make and take but I wasn't happy with the colours we used.





It's AMAZING what a little sparkle and the right colours can do.  

Our next card uses the Traveler stamp set.  This set was on my wish list the first time I saw it.  The detail that has been put into each stamp is really fine and they stamp beautifully.  

My original sample card was used for a birthday my son was going to, so this is actually one made the following day.  I had wanted to use the World Map stamp as background but as I don't own it yet, for the class we used the ledger image from The Open Sea.  I had also printed out some maps from the internet which I "aged up" using tea, but most chose to stamp the background.  I chose to use the tea stained map and created a slightly different version.  

 



More soon.
 

1 comment:

  1. Is the second card made with hessian ribbon or material ? Loved the aged look, it's a great card for a male. The first card is ice-cream sundae colours and very - can't think if the word I want - pretty ? - but I love it xxx

    ReplyDelete