Thursday 17 April 2014

Cardstock Storage

I thought I would share with you today how I store my cardstock.  I used to store it in plastic A4 sleeves in a binder when I didn't really have that big a supply, and then graduated to a plastic storage box picked up in a junk shop as the collection grew.  The basic colours I use the most are in the front of the box; Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate and Basic Black, followed by In Colours.  I group my cardstock together in colours rather than colour collections like Brights, Neutrals, etc as I just find it easier to compare colours when grouped together.   

Recently I found side opening clear folders in K Mart*, a little easier than using A4 plastic sleeves as the cardstock slips in on the side (which is at the top of the box).  These hold all my cut into sheets of cardstock so when I only need a small piece it's the first spot I go to.  Stored behind each clear folder is about 6 full sheets of cardstock  and the rest of the packet is kept in a cupboard out of sight to keep the box light and easy to use.  

And then I found Cori Cozak  had printed out a pdf of colour tabs for her storage system which uses the round tab punch.  I guess you could always use any shape punch or cut around them if you aren't lucky enough to have your own round tab punch. 

So now I can see all my colours at a glance.  And it looks pretty too.   




Everyone has their own storage system, but this one works for me.  
 
*OfficeOne 10 pack letter file from K Mart $2.00 for a pack of 10.  Bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment