Tuesday 15 April 2014

An envelope pocket

We recently went to an engagement party and as we had already sent a card when we first heard of the engagement, I just wanted to make a simple gift card to go with the present.  I thought an envelope pocket might be the thing, but after stuffing around with various ideas, stamps, inks and frames this turned out to be not so simple.  Firstly I wanted this shape and as I didn't have the dies my very clever hubby drew up the shape for me on computer, then drew a slightly larger size, and I used those shapes as my template. 

So really this card took about 4 hours to make, and then in the end I decided it wasn't "quite right" and made a completely different card instead.   And then forgot to take a photo.  And it was beautiful.  It had two lovely little owls sitting on a branch and their clothing was made using both sides of the shiny wrapping paper.  

I have a spare card now if you want to do something that needs congratulating. 









No comments:

Post a Comment