Tuesday 18 March 2014

Welcome baby card

Another one from our class last Saturday.  This card was a little trickier to make and probably took up the most time, but it's my favourite from the day.  A few people didn't really need a baby card so decided instead to change the sentiments and make it into an Easter card which worked equally well.  

Not sure if this is the way other people would make this card, but we lightly stuck the top white mat on to the base card and cut through the two layers with a circle framelit, then separated the layers and used a slightly larger circle framelit on the white layer outside the already cut circle so we had an even border.  Next the white layer was embossed with a ribbon secured around to the back.  The centre panel was made up with 2 layers of scalloped blue and also 2 layers of white (front and back).  A piece of fishing line was taped to the back before the centres were stuck together.  The fishing line was then secured to the blue card (making sure it won't show above the top) before the white embossed layer was stuck on. The centre piece spins around when the card is opened and closed.  

As I said, it was a little challenging but I think worth the effort.  I wish I had taken photos of the other cards made because different colour choices were made, and the Easter ones looked great too.  But, here are my two versions.  Don't you love that little ribbon.  That's what made me buy the stamp set, I really didn't want to, but just had to. 








1 comment: