Tuesday 25 March 2014

Card in a box

If you are a frequent visitor to Pinterest then you would have seen many different variations of this type of "card" called a card in a box.  When posted or given it is a flat double thickness thing that opens out into a jack in the box type shape, and is meant to sit open somewhere for all to admire.  

This can be made in any size you want, but the size I prefer to use is with an A4 sheet of cardstock score on the long side at 2 3/4, 5 1/2, 8 1/4 and 11 inches then rotate and score at 2 3/4 and then the length you want.  It is best not to make it too long so all the pop ups are easier to see at eye level, probably no more than 4 inches but longer than the flap which is 2 3/4 inches.  If you want more instructions let me know, but I am sure you will be able to work it out or find a video somewhere.  There are strips across the inside of the box for the pop ups to attach to, most videos use 2 strips but I wanted mine a bit fuller so used 3.  

My sister asked me to make a couple of these to give her grandchildren and this one is obviously Jack's.  On the side of the box it says "I love you to the moon and back" but for some reason I didn't get a photo of this.  




This one is for her granddaughter and gives you a better idea of the inside of the box and it folded flat.  


 





They really are a lot of fun to make and can be used for any occasion.  Takes a bit of time, but well worth the effort. 



1 comment:

  1. Jack's card was oohed and aahed over. Everyone thought you soooo clever in making this and loved it. Jack pretty pleased as well. Haylee not received hers yet, she has to wait till June, but it totally gorgeous and I know she will love it so much, as will everyone else xx

    ReplyDelete