Tuesday 28 January 2014

A few borrowed things

Recently I was asked to make a sampler for a friend's mother (which I will put up pictures of later) and was lucky enough to be able to borrow a bundle of her stamps for the project.  That's one of the great things about crafty people - they always seem willing to lend what they have and share ideas and techniques with others.  I also was asked to make a few cards as well, one for a lady who loves her garden, and another just a bit special.  

This is the bit special card.  I wanted the black and cream effect as it always seems elegant to me, and this is the result.  You can see the Stampin' Up embossing folder in the background, but I couldn't find the brand name of the lady anywhere on the set.  If you really have to know, email me and I will ask the owner if she can remember.  

The image has been cut around, lightly sponged and then popped up on the oval shape.  You may be able to detect a touch of sparkle with a couple of diamantes.  
 




I am sure it would look much nicer if I had chosen a different background instead of a crimson towel, but when you are in a hurry it's whatever is around. 

1 comment: