Monday 17 June 2013

Buttons and Blossoms Moulds

Didn't the weekend go fast, and now it's back to the working week.  I did make some time to play with the Buttons and Blossoms Molds coming out in the new catalogue next month.  I loved playing with Play Doh with the kids when they were little, and these new moulds remind me past times.  The kit comes with 2 separate moulds; one with three different sized buttons and the other three different sized flowers.  They are very easy to use and the hardest part is waiting for them to dry.  I read somewhere that popping the moulds into the freezer with the plaster for about 15 minutes helps set the pieces so they are easier to pop out, and this really does work.  The second time I did it I just left them to dry in the mould overnight and when they came out they were not as smooth as the first lot.  

 

The next lot I make I will ink the plaster to colour before drying and maybe some of these will be painted, but for now I like the crisp white. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment