Friday 3 May 2013

Alice in Modern Wonderland

I was asked to make a birthday card for a 17 year old and the theme was "High Tea, Alice in Wonderland".  It covers a large range of things, but nothing I owned seemed to come under the category.  I was offered the use of some non-Stampin' Up stamps and after lots of time spent looking on the internet, wasting lots of cardstock and a few blah ideas this is the card that emerged. 


Front panel - Alice
2nd panel - Rabbit

Inside 3 panels - Tweedle Dum, Tweedle Dee, Mad Hatter and Queen of Hearts
Inside

Mad Hatter
 
Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee
Queen of Hearts

Middle back panel - Cheshire Cat - Greeting
The images have been stamped in Black StazOn and embossed and bits watercoloured just to give it some colour.  Otherwise I wanted to stay with the Black and White style.  All the edges are sponged in black and the background images were taken from the internet and re-sized to suit.  

I'm not sure how well it is going to be received, but I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.  It wasn't really what was in my head, but it's close.  

The stamps are from The Octopode Factory and if you are interested in them I can let you know where you can buy a set.   If this is your style, Graphic 45 also have a paper pack of 20 sheets of 8 x 8 papers call "Halloween in Wonderland" that suit the stamps perfectly.  





2 comments:

  1. I love this card - it's kinda spooky and eerie, yet it's also very elegant too. Very well done Cheryl xx Luv from Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card Cheryl. I have seen these stamps used in colours but your black/white with a touch of red makes them elegant. I am sure the recipient will love it. Great work. J

    ReplyDelete