Monday 4 March 2013

Saturday's cards

Well, I got all confused last week and stuffed up.  My big sister is actually coming down this week, not last, and that depends too on whether she can get through from Brisbane after all the rain.  Hopefully things will have cleared up a lot by then cause we need all the roads and weather clear for next Saturday so I can get to see all my family again.  Big event.  More news later.

I had a class on the weekend, the first one for this year, and was able to catch up with most of my little group of stamping buddies.  I made them work a bit harder this time with 6 different projects to create.  

This first card had two different versions to it.  I think it's called a Criss Cross Card, but maybe that's just what I call it.  They are both made with retired DSP I had stashed away so I am not sure of the names of them.  My favourite is this first one, all Old Olive tones.  





Quite easy to make using a 4 x 12 inch strip of DSP.  You simply score at 4 and 8 inches for the folds, and then depending on which way you score and fold the front and back flaps changes the look of the card.  This one is scored from the top of the 4 inch mark to the bottom left edge and then scored from the top of the 8 inch mark to the bottom right edge.  You then fold the top down to the bottom corner to create the triangle and then stick the flap down. The insert is then stuck in the middle so it pokes through the top when folded.  

This next one is scored from the bottom of the 4 inch mark to the top edge and then the top of the 8 inch mark to the bottom and then folded back and stuck down.  On this version the last 4 inch section has been taped at the bottom to form a pocket for the insert or gift card.   Just remember this last one will not stand on its own.  Bit annoying but what can you do.  We did try reversing the flaps so it could stand on just the one flap, but then the insert is upside down and could fall out of the pocket. 





Hope you were able to understand what I was talking about.  Much easier to do than explain really. 

                    

 


No comments:

Post a Comment