Monday 18 March 2013

Miss me?

Apologies for my absence.  We were away last weekend at my nephew's wedding and during the week I just didn't have the time or the inclination to do any crafting, so hence the reason for no posts - nothing to show.  I did make a card for the wedding but then forgot to photograph it.  I wasn't really happy with it anyway - the design in my head was much better.  Ever have that when it just doesn't come out the way you planned?  Happens a lot around here. 

So this weekend I made time to create a little and this is almost the card I wish I had made for the wedding.  I have seen a few cards like this on the internet and have always been jealous of the number of embossing folders some people have.  Now I guess it looks like I own 9 myself, but really I only have 6.  Luckily I found a few pieces of cardstock that I had embossed using other people's stuff.  


I have used Pool Party as the background colour which combined with the white just looks so fresh, elegant and serene.  I really will miss the old 2011-2013 In colours when they retired in July. Will have to make sure I stock up on them before they are gone.  My favourite colour would have to be Lucky Limeade, then Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder.  But then again I also like Calypso Coral and Island Indigo.  Too hard to choose.  Which will you miss the most?

1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful Cheryl. It is such an effective technique/design.

    ReplyDelete