Friday 7 December 2012

Gift bags and final ornament

These are the gift bags I made for the ladies in my class on Saturday.  Inside there was a little SU present and a couple of candy canes for Christmas.  



 


 I tried to find a template for a gift bag on the internet, but in the end just winged it and each attempt was progressively better.  By the end I had perfected the art of making gift bags.  I used the new Snow Flurry Bigz Die on the centrepiece with silver Glimmer paper and Crumb Cake on the Cherry Cobbler bag.  I hesitated about buying the snowflakes because we don't have snow in Australia, but it is so beautiful and I just had to have it.

After Saturday my friend accidently left her framelits here (I promise I didn't hide them from her) so I decided to make one more ornament while I had the chance.  Normally I don't do traditional Christmas red and green, so I challenged myself and used some Christmas papers left over from last year.  The top "petal" on each flower was done in solid colour with the flourish from Bliss Sale-a-bration stamp set inked on it.  The whole thing was sprayed with shimmer and in some photos you can see the sparkles.  Add a few pearls I found in the cupboard and you know what?  This one is my favourite of them all.  





 Like the dashboard in my car?  My daughter took the photos on her way to work.  Long story. 
 

2 comments:

  1. The gift bags look great - you'll have to show me how to do them before next Christmas! LOVE the colours on the new ornament - I'm more of a traditionalist although I love all the others too. This is just my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gift bags also and the new ornament - wow, looks great. I love the traditional colours of Christmas as well, but I admit a liking for silver and purple - you know I love purple!!

    ReplyDelete