Wednesday 12 December 2012

An update and a Christmas gift

Thank you to those who read through the previous post on my niece, actually she is my neice's daughter.  I can never remember what that makes me.  Stupid I guess.  

A little update anyway on how the operation went - Apparently Haylee was in surgery for over an hour and recovered quite well.  She came home later that same night (Monday) and slept through the night OK (not sure about her mum though).  She was given eye drops, but is only allowed to use 4 drops in total otherwise it can poison her system.  They were saving the final 2 drops for Tuesday night.  As of Tuesday morning she still hadn't opened her eyes as the light hurts.  They apparently placed contact lens in her eye to try and hold off the progression of the degeneration and she goes back to hospital next Monday to have the contacts removed.  Eventually Haylee will have to have corneal eye transplants but they are saving this for when she gets older.  So I guess she is feeling a little miserable not being able to do much for the next couple of days.  Hopefully her mum will read her lots of stories to keep her entertained.  

My sister (Haylee's grandmother or Nana) had collected quite a large bag of cards, letters and gifts from friends and family for Haylee before and after the hospital visit, and this has cheered her up.  So if you have the time, a card would be welcomed. The address is in the previous post.  

Here is a little gift made using the Petal Cone Die.  It's made in Cherry Cobber and inside is space to hold a few choccies or lollies, or it could even be used as a place tag for your Christmas guests. 

 


 

1 comment:

  1. I like this little cone shape. I remember one year Nikki made us all one like this, had a clear square front if I remember, and maybe it had lollies in it or something, but I kept it for years as it was such a lovely shape and decoration.

    Where you have the Merry Christmas tag, you could put a Santa face and then have a triangle santa!! Gee aren't I the creative one - must have seen it somewhere as it wouldn't be an original idea. Anyway, this is a lovely little design.

    ReplyDelete