Monday 26 November 2012

Ornament Keepsakes

Since joining Stampin' Up in July 2010 I have met some great people, some of whom I now consider to be great friends.  Some of my friends often lend me their things to try out, and sometimes we have used their products in classes where they let everyone use their goods.  This last week one of my friends has lent me their Ornament Keepsakes set with the matching framelits and they haven't even used it yet!  We are having our Christmas break up class on the weekend and another one of my great friends is lending her set too so we can have two sets going for all to use.  Crafty people really are very generous people.  

So, as I said, I have been having a little play with the Ornament Keepsakes this last few days and had a go at making "that" ornament, the one on the front cover of the Holiday catalogue.   This is my version. 




I have to say that it looks better in real life.  I used the shimmer paint to spray glitter all over it so it sparkles, and attached a ribbon to hang it by.  I try not to use traditional Christmas colours, so this is Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake.  

If you are thinking of making one, yes it does take a long time, yes it is fiddly and yes it is worth it.   

1 comment:

  1. Certainly looks gorgeous and loving the chocolate colours. MMMM did someone say chocolate . . . . Wish I had some chocolate to eat now. Wonder if it's too hot to go out and buy some - yes it certainly is too hot and I don't really need chocolate. Or do I???

    ReplyDelete