Thursday 17 December 2015

60th Birthday present

As promised, pictures of the Frame I made for my sister's 60th birthday present.  Once again, I forgot to take photos before I wrapped it, so pictures aren't that great. 
 






   
I quite like making these frames for people.  One of the hardest decisions though is finding and deciding what stamps to use, and also what colour to chose.  I chose the colours because they are a bit beachy and these colours are quite prominent in her house.  I also try to match the stamps to suit the person who is going to receive it.  Bit hard sometimes though when you just don't own the right stamp.  So for this one, turtles because she lives by the beach, flowers because who doesn't like them, the saying just suited her and the parasol just because, postage stamps about travel because she and her husband love travelling all over the place, the compass and waves because they own their own boat, the hedgehog because it has a trumpet and her husband plays one (as well as a few other musical instruments), work of art because we all are works of art, teddy bears because she is a grandma, and the centre just because too.  

I think it was well received.  

1 comment:

  1. The photos don't do it justice. It is beautiful and means a lot to me because of the love and thought put into it. Thank you Cheryl, you are a very talented person. Love you.

    ReplyDelete