Thursday 12 March 2015

Inking Embossing Folders

What do you think of this background?   I was doing my usual checking out on Pinterest the other day when I saw a card made using this technique, so thought I would have a try myself.  I have used this technique before, but was just reminded how lovely it can look.  All you need to do is wipe your inkpad over the flatter side of an embossing folder, pop in your cardstock and run it through your Big Shot machine.  It doesn't really matter which side of the embossing folder you ink up, but each side will give a different effect.

I think a little tweaking is in order as I'm not convinced that my black butterfly suits the card.  However, I love the background and love that we have another way of using embossing folders to create something a bit different.  This is something you definitely should try, or try again.  

   


And another card made using pre-stamped  images.  Nothing flash, but hopefully it will appeal to someone.  



No comments:

Post a Comment