Wednesday 13 November 2013

Another Sampler

As I had so much fun making the sampler for my sister I decided that I would make another.  This one is the final version of one for my recently born great niece.  

I had bought a sheet of 12 x 12 paper with a Holly Hobby design that I was planning to use, but after spending a lot of time cutting it all up I decided I didn't really like the look of it.  So I went back to my stamps and decided to stick with a limited colour scheme.  And I got to use a lot of my before Stampin' Up stamp sets that hadn't been used for a while.  

The big "mistake" that I made was using 4 colours when there are lines of 5 which made the order of things a little difficult.  You can see that the main colour turned out to be pink, but in the end I didn't mind that, although next time I will make sure I have 5 colours to make things easier.  

The hardest part about these frames is trying to get everything even when sticking them down.  

This is the layout without the frame -






And all framed up -


Stay tuned - I have one more to make, this time for myself. 

2 comments:

  1. Emily will be so happy with this when she is older and can appreciate it. In meantime her family will LOVE it x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of stamps in a very sweet project

    ReplyDelete