Thursday 5 September 2013

Seeing stars

Friday afternoon my darling son asked if I had a card for a birthday he was going to on Saturday.  Have been meaning to try something like this for a while after seeing something similar on Pinterest, so it didn't take much time at all to make.  As it was for a 16 old boy, grunge was the order ofthe day.  Lots of black sponging and stamping, and during the making I smudge one of the stars.  But you know what, it really didn't matter. 


The card I was copying was stitched to keep everything together, but I glued mine down and used the paper piercing pack to "stitch".
 

So as I enjoyed making this one so much and was pleased with the end result I made one for my darling husband who celebrated his birthday on Father's Day this year. 


Similiar, but different.  
 

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I like this card simple and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both these look great Cheryl. Love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are terrific. I am having a 'star' thing at the moment, so I really like having a new idea to try. I just purchased the Simply Stars set too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at getting this set too, but haven't yet. Look forward to seeing your starry cards.

      Delete