Tuesday 10 February 2015

Big Day Birthday

Another card we made at our day a week or so ago.  The stamps are from the Sale-a-bration catalogue called Big Day.  This set was on my wish list, as I thought it would be good for doing those hard to design male cards.  Although I guess not many men are really into cake.  Or are they?

When I made my sample card I was originally going to make it a window card with acetate, then thought of making it into a shaker card, but in the end, this is how it ended up.  The colour used is Cajun Craze, which I thought suitable for a male, but when cutting for the class I realised I didn't have enough DSP for everyone, so changed it to either Tempting Turquoise or Coastal Cabana.  The sentiment shows through the window, and I made a template so everything lined up perfectly for everyone. 



I wasn't really happy with the sentiment on the front of the card - it just looked wrong, perhaps because it was square, so some chose no sentiment for the front, others used a punch. 
 



And to prove it's not just a set for males, this is a slightly different version for my little sister's birthday.  My daughter said I went a little overboard on the envelope - it did have quite a few 50's on it.  
 





No comments:

Post a Comment